Some UFO sightings are mistakes and some are fakes, but there are many that are very credible.
Credible sightings usually involve one or more UFOs that change speed or direction, fly behind trees and clouds, etc. Numerous reports are backed up by radar signatures showing UFOs flying at incredible speed and undertaking manoeuvres that defy known laws of physics and are far beyond our current capabilities. Many sightings are reported by different people in different locations, and by reliable people such as policemen, pilots and astronauts.
Reliable information on unidentified flying objects (UFOs) is available from a number of sources. These include:
- The personal testimony of Mr. Paul Hellyer, who was Minister of National Defence and then Minister for Transport in Canada in the 1960’s and who is still a member of the Canadian Privy Council;
- Official reports of UFO sightings filed by pilots and other service personnel of Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Italy, Mexico, Sweden, the United Kingdom, Uruguay and the many other countries that have opened their UFO files.
- In the United Kingdom, a directive was given by Sir Winston Churchill who, after discussing the matter with then General Dwight Eisenhower, decided on 5 August 1944 (two months after D-Day) to ban the reporting of UFO incidents for fifty years.
- More recently, Apollo 14 veteran Dr. Edgar Mitchell, who in 1971 became the sixth man to walk on the moon, told a British radio station in July 2008 that Earth is being visited by alien beings, and “The UFO phenomenon is real, though it has been covered up by our governments for a very long time.”
Please note that only one of the many thousands of reports of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) has to be a true sighting of an extraterrestrial spaceship for the concept of extraterrestrial civilizations to be a reality.
1. Extraterrestrial evidence in ancient times
Traditional texts, pieces of art and legends of ancient civilizations around the world, contain abundant evidence of contacts between extraterrestrials and the peoples of the Earth. Today, there are still many traces of these encounters.
On the plains of Nazca, south of Lima, Peru, a series of straight, parallel lines run across the ground for miles. While they are very difficult to see from the ground, they look like old landing strips from the air. Assuming that the pre- Incan cultures did not use them as landing strips, the logical conclusion is that the aircraft of a highly advanced extraterrestrial race could have used these astounding lines. Moreover, who could have created the incredibly intricate and enormous figures that connect to these perfectly straight lines? And why can they only be seen from the air?
Birds, monkeys, lizards, insects, a giant spider and fish – and even what appears to be a suited astronaut figure – are meticulously drawn on the ground at a very high scale. Moreover, not only are there no mountaintops from which to view them, but they were discovered by modern humans only after airplanes flew over the area.
Scientists say these land carvings covering an area of 60 miles date as far back as 15 centuries ago, before the formation of the Incan empire. Charles Berlitz points out in his book, “Mysteries from the Forgotten Worlds,” that the message coming out of these prehistoric drawings “finds an echo in an ancient Peruvian legend about the goddess Orejona landing in a great ship from the skies.” In other words, the Orejona legend could be interpreted as an extraterrestrial being landing in a spacecraft.
Also, many religious texts and paintings contain abundant references to UFOs, which have been sighted throughout history.
2. UFO sightings today
UFO sightings have been reported worldwide throughout history, and have also been increasing recently. Most turn out to have a rational explanation, but some cannot be explained so easily. Observations of mile-long craft and smaller craft, carrying out seemingly impossible manoeuvres and attaining speeds far beyond the capabilities of today’s technology have been recorded in both the United States and Britain by commercial and military pilots and other highly qualified observers. Several of these cases have received extensive news coverage recently. In fact, more and more former high-ranking government and military officials are coming forward to relate their experiences.
- Fife Symington, former governor of Arizona in the United States.
- Dennis Kucinich, presidential candidate in the 2008 U.S. presidential election.
- Jimmy Carter, former U.S. president.
- Paul Hellyer, former Canadian Minister of National Defence.